CoPilot 256Print on both sides of the substrate in a single pass
The CoPilot 256 Hi-Resolution Printing System
The CoPilot 256 ink jet printer is designed to print superior quality hi-resolution characters on either porous or non-porous surfaces. With up to 2.8" of total print height and the ability to print on both sides of the substrate in a single pass, the CoPilot 256 is designed to work as an integral part of your day-to-day packaging operation.
Increased Application Versatility
The system is capable of running oil-based or solvent-based inks to print up to 2.8" (1.4" from a single head) of hi-resolution characters, razor-sharp text, scannable bar codes, and great looking logos at 185 dpi. For non-porous applications, users have the option of using Squid Ink's solvent-based inks for printing on a variety of products like coated cartons, plastics, glass, shrink wrap, metals and more. Squid Ink's PZ-1000 ink for porous substrates offers low-maintenance performance, eliminating the need for auto-priming functions and offering better ink utilization than competitive systems.
CoPilot 256's 4.3" full color touchscreen provides access to the system's internal messages and print functions. Messages are created and edited on Squid Ink's easy-to-use Orion™ PC Software and transferred via Ethernet or USB device. For larger applications, a virtually unlimited number of CoPilot 256 printing systems can be connected via Ethernet and controlled through one central Orion™ print station.
- Print Technology – Piezo impulse printhead technology
- Maximum Print Height – 1.4" per printhead, 2.8" total
- Vertical Print Resolution – 185 dpi capable of printing razor-sharp graphics, small character text, and scannable bar codes
- Horizontal Print Resolution – 205 dpi
- Print Speed – Up to 135 feet/min. (41 m/min.) @ 205 dpi
- Time & Date – Internal real time clock with battery back-up
- Product Sensor – External diffuse beam photocell standard
- Communication Interface – One USB host and one Ethernet input
- Touchscreen – 4.3" (10.9 cm) full color touchscreen display
- Ink Cartridge Volume – 500ml cartridge or bag
- Low Ink Indicator – Message alert on touchscreen, LED light beacon optional
- Substrate Capabilities – Porous or Non-Porous surfaces
- Electrical Requirements – 100 – 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Operating Environment – 34°F – 104°F (1° – 40°C)
- Agency Certifications – CE, TUV pending
- Encoder – For operation with variable speed conveyors
- Bar Code – Laser Scanner allows scan and print message retrieval
- External Light Beacon – Indicates low ink levels
- Conveyor Mounting Bracket – Provides stable mount to conveyor or other material handling equipment
- Floorstand – Includes mounting brackets and legs with leveling feet; 59" (1.5m) total heights
- Pigmented Ink Agitation System – Allows for printing of pigmented inks
- Starter Kit – Includes ink, cleaner and flush solution, printhead wipes, hand cleaner and latex gloves
- Time & Date – Full time and date functionality including expiration date and Julian Dates.
- Item Numbering – Sixteen counters, one of which can be a daily counter.
- Shift Codes – Four programmable shift codes with automatic rollover
- Bar Codes – All standard bar codes including 2D
- Fonts – Arial, Arial Bold, Courier, Tahoma Bold and Lucida resident fonts for use in variable data elements. Static elements in any Windows® font
- Logos – Most image files supported with Orion Graphical Interface Software
- Printing Features – Reverse, invert, rotate, repeat. Print on/off button
- Message Length – Up to 120"
- Number of Messages – 1GB storage space will store approximately 1000+ messages
- Ink Usage – Shown in Orion™ PC Software
- User Data Prompts – Prompts for user input at start of print job by manual input on touchscreen